You never know the potential inside you, till you max it out with trial and error. I never knew I enjoyed giving walking tours, till I realised in late-March this year that “hey, I love interacting with people, I love sharing, why not share more?”
So began Jalan Medha, and I should pen down what I’ve done before the funny memories get hazy:
- Chinatown, 5 Jul: First walk with 7 friends on a Sunday where many shops were closed and we bought lots of childhood snacks.
- Balestier, 1 Aug: 15 friends (and friends-of) on a Saturday, where I realised my throat needed to train itself to last longer than 2 hours. The owners of the coffee beans shop and optical shop were so lovely.
- Jalan Besar, 29 Aug: 12 participants where we walked through hot weather viewing beautiful and ignored architecture .
- Little India/Rochor, 10 Oct: More of a lunch walk with a group of 7 friends (with international representation).
- Joo Chiat, 25 Oct: Headed back to where it all started, with 10 participants, my own route and a new beginning.
- Keong Saik/Everton, 14 Nov: Finding new gems with 10 participants, even when I thought I already knew the area very well.
Looks like I’m on to something that I truly love. I hope you find what you love soon!